Free Macworld CreativePro Exhibit Passes -- With WWDC and MacHack under our belts, it's time to look ahead to the Macworld CreativePro Conference and Expo, 16-Jul-03 through 18-Jul-03 in New York City. If you're planning to attend and want free passes (a $35 value), our friends at Peachpit Press want to help: send an email containing your complete mailing address to <firstname.lastname@example.org> (you'll receive two per request, so give one to a friend). The passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, so get your request in today before Peachpit runs out! And hey, if you take advantage of this offer, stop by the Peachpit booth to thank them and pick up a book by one of the TidBITS crowd. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard