iTrip Station Finder Released -- When Travis Butler reviewed Griffin Technology's iTrip, a $35 FM transmitter that works with the iPod to play music over any radio, he gave the device high marks for design and ingenuity, but noted that it was sometimes difficult to find a clear frequency, especially in urban areas (see "Taking an iTrip: Three FM Transmitters" in TidBITS-681). Last week Griffin released iTrip Station Finder, a free Mac OS X application containing a database of 254 cities in the U.S. and recommended frequencies to use in each. The iTrip is available for both the 2003 iPod models (which have a FireWire dock on the bottom of the device) and previous models with a FireWire port on top. [JLC]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Taking an iTrip: Three FM Transmitters (19 May 03)