Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies -- Responding to a security vulnerability where an attacker could gain unauthorized access to a user's cookies in Safari, Apple has released Security Update 2003-12-05. The update is available via Software Update, as well as separate downloads for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar (a 1.3 MB download) and Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (a 2.6 MB download). [JLC]
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Free Macworld Expo Passes
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03