TidBITS 2003 Holiday Hiatus -- It's been a mad rush to the end of the year, but you're reading our last TidBITS issue for 2003, and we're all anticipating some well-deserved relaxation with friends and family over the next few weeks of the holiday season. I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to the many people who help keep TidBITS vital and relevant: Tonya, Geoff, Jeff, Matt, Mark, and Glenn, our corporate sponsors and Internet hosts, our knowledgeable authors and contributors, our amazing volunteer translators, all the participants of TidBITS Talk, the folks who have helped make the Take Control project the huge success it is, and of course, everyone who gives meaning to our work by reading TidBITS each week. Our next issue will appear on 05-Jan-04, as we gear up for Macworld Expo in San Francisco. See you in 2004! [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 710.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software Winners
- Blue World Releases Lasso Professional 7
- Last Call for Free Macworld Expo Passes
- Take Control of Users & Accounts Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Insider Software
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Events
- Music to Your Ears: 2003
- iPod Offerings, Part 2
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Dec-03