Last Call for Free Macworld Expo Passes -- Despite a great turnout from TidBITS readers last week, our friends at Peachpit Press still have some Macworld Expo exhibits-only passes left for January's show. To request a free pair of passes (normally $15 to $35), send an email message to <email@example.com> with your name and postal address. See you at the show! [JLC]
Shorten URLs in TextExpander
If your Twitter client doesn't automatically shorten URLs for you, you can use TextExpander to shrink those long links to tweetable lengths. First, add the Internet Productivity group by choosing File > Add Predefined Group > Internet Productivity Snippets. Then, to shorten a URL using a service like TinyURL, copy the destination URL to the clipboard, and type the abbreviation
/tinyurl to insert the shortened URL at the insertion point.
Published in TidBITS 710.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS 2003 Holiday Hiatus
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software Winners
- Blue World Releases Lasso Professional 7
- Take Control of Users & Accounts Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Insider Software
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Events
- Music to Your Ears: 2003
- iPod Offerings, Part 2
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Dec-03