Security Update 2004-02-23 Available -- Apple today released Security Update 2004-02-23, adding fixes for a number of Mac OS X components, including DiskArbitration, IPSec, and Point-to-Point Protocol. For Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, the update includes a fix for tcpdump; for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, the update also includes fixes for Safari as well as Security Update 2003-11-19, which included fixes for Personal File Sharing, QuickTime for Java, and a number of Unix components. Security Update 2004-02-23 is available as a 1.6 MB download for Panther (5.1 MB for Jaguar) via Software Update or via Apple's Web site. [ACE]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Security Update 2003-11-19 Helps Panther, Jaguar (24 Nov 03)
Published in TidBITS 718.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface
- iSight 1.0.2 Software Released
- Apple Adds More RSS Syndication Feeds
- Adam Interviewed on The User Group Report
- Apple: Debt-Free and Flush with Cash
- Austin Indie Bands Shared via iTunes
- Solving AppleWorks Corruption Problems
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/23-Feb-04