Apple Online Technical Support -- Apple recently revamped their online support Web pages, creating an electronic help system that doesn't require its own tech support. Organized by product type (Desktop Computers, Portable Computers, Mac OS & Applications, etc.), this area of Apple's Web site includes Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Apple Tech Info Library (TIL) articles, related software updates, and free-form discussion areas monitored by Apple employees. I was able to find just about anything within two or three mouse clicks, and because the pages are fairly graphics-free (I especially like the simple folder-tab motif used throughout) the information loads quickly. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software