No TidBITS Issue 31-May-04 -- After this week's extra-long TidBITS issue, we're taking a week off for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday, which coincides with Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's birthday celebrations and the days I'll be spending at the MacDesign conference. TidBITS Talk should continue unabated, and watch our home page for breaking news that can't wait (although we're hoping for a couple boring weeks). We'll return with the 07-Jun-04 issue. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 731.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2004 Ships
- SubEthaEdit 2.0 Refines Collaboration
- Apple Creates New iPod Division
- Getting to Know Apple Mail's Spam Filter
- Visualize the Internet with Envision
- URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability Revealed
- Explaining the URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-May-04
No TidBITS Issue 31-May-04
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and