No TidBITS Issue 31-May-04 -- After this week's extra-long TidBITS issue, we're taking a week off for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday, which coincides with Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's birthday celebrations and the days I'll be spending at the MacDesign conference. TidBITS Talk should continue unabated, and watch our home page for breaking news that can't wait (although we're hoping for a couple boring weeks). We'll return with the 07-Jun-04 issue. [ACE]
Open Recent Office 2008 Docs by Date
Office 2008 applications like Word and Excel now list recently opened documents on a File > Open Recent submenu. Choose More from that menu, and you'll get a multifunction Project Gallery dialog. Click the Recent button at the top and then select a date range in the Dates list to find files that were last opened today, yesterday, earlier in the week, last week, and so forth. (The Settings pane in the Project Gallery dialog lets you set how many recently opened files show in the File > Open Recent submenu.)
Published in TidBITS 731.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2004 Ships
- SubEthaEdit 2.0 Refines Collaboration
- Apple Creates New iPod Division
- Getting to Know Apple Mail's Spam Filter
- Visualize the Internet with Envision
- URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability Revealed
- Explaining the URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-May-04