No TidBITS Issue 31-May-04 -- After this week's extra-long TidBITS issue, we're taking a week off for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday, which coincides with Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's birthday celebrations and the days I'll be spending at the MacDesign conference. TidBITS Talk should continue unabated, and watch our home page for breaking news that can't wait (although we're hoping for a couple boring weeks). We'll return with the 07-Jun-04 issue. [ACE]
File Email with a Key in Apple Mail
In Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later, you can use the simple and fun MsgFiler Mail plug-in to file Mail messages using keyboard shortcuts.
New in Apple Mail 4 (the 10.6 Snow Leopard version), to assign a keyboard shortcut to any mailbox on the Move To or Copy To submenu, you can also open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, click Keyboard Shortcuts, and select Application Shortcuts in the list on the left. Click the + button, choose Mail from the Application pop-up menu, type the name of the mailbox in the Menu Title field, click in the Keyboard Shortcut field, and press the keystroke combination you want to use. Then click Add.
Published in TidBITS 731.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2004 Ships
- SubEthaEdit 2.0 Refines Collaboration
- Apple Creates New iPod Division
- Getting to Know Apple Mail's Spam Filter
- Visualize the Internet with Envision
- URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability Revealed
- Explaining the URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-May-04