No TidBITS Issue 31-May-04 -- After this week's extra-long TidBITS issue, we're taking a week off for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday, which coincides with Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's birthday celebrations and the days I'll be spending at the MacDesign conference. TidBITS Talk should continue unabated, and watch our home page for breaking news that can't wait (although we're hoping for a couple boring weeks). We'll return with the 07-Jun-04 issue. [ACE]
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 731.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2004 Ships
- SubEthaEdit 2.0 Refines Collaboration
- Apple Creates New iPod Division
- Getting to Know Apple Mail's Spam Filter
- Visualize the Internet with Envision
- URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability Revealed
- Explaining the URL-Based Mac OS X Vulnerability
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-May-04