Salling Clicker 2.2 Adds Capabilities -- Jonas Salling has updated his Bluetooth-based remote control software, Salling Clicker, to version 2.2 (see "Salling Clicker in Action" in TidBITS-694). Billed as "The Digital Hub, on Steroids," the new version bulks up with support for controlling EyeTV and Squeezebox media devices, and VLC (VideoLAN client) software. When used to control PowerPoint 2004 as a presentation device, Clicker 2.2 displays the title of the next slide. This version also adds support for new Bluetooth phones and handhelds, including phones running the Symbian OS. Salling Clicker 2.2 is a free upgrade for current users, or $20 for new users, and is a 3.7 MB download. It can be used in trial mode, which is limited to 30 clicks. [JLC]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Salling Clicker in Action (25 Aug 03)