Open Transport 1.1.2 -- Apple has released Open Transport 1.1.2, which should provide better reliability over modem connections and some performance improvements that will be especially welcome to Mac webmasters. OT 1.1.2 must be installed over OT 1.1 or 1.1.1, except for the Performa and Power Mac 52xx, 53xx, 62xx, and 63xx series, which can install OT 1.1.2 directly (see the OT 1.1.2 ReadMe and notes for further details). OT 1.1.2 is available as a set of four disk images or as a Net Install, although the "OT Extras" set (included in the Net Install) is bloated by the inclusion of Acrobat Reader, making the download between 3 and 10 MB, depending which files you decide to get. OT/PPP 1.0 (see TidBITS-354) is not included with OT 1.1.2; you must download that separately. [GD]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- The P-P-Plot Thickens: Open Transport/PPP 1.0 (18 Nov 96)