New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan -- We're extremely pleased to welcome back as a long-term sponsor easyDNS, the DNS registration, hosting, and management company where we've kept all the TidBITS domain names for several years now. They aren't the cheapest DNS service, but when it comes to something as critical as a domain name, I'll take reliable and easy to use over cost any day. After years of horrendous (to put it mildly) experiences with Network Solutions before switching, working with easyDNS has been a huge relief. Also joining us this week is a company that's unusual among our sponsors because they sell not computer-related products but hobby kits, toys, books and anime-related gear direct from Japan. Fun stuff! [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04