New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan -- We're extremely pleased to welcome back as a long-term sponsor easyDNS, the DNS registration, hosting, and management company where we've kept all the TidBITS domain names for several years now. They aren't the cheapest DNS service, but when it comes to something as critical as a domain name, I'll take reliable and easy to use over cost any day. After years of horrendous (to put it mildly) experiences with Network Solutions before switching, working with easyDNS has been a huge relief. Also joining us this week is a company that's unusual among our sponsors because they sell not computer-related products but hobby kits, toys, books and anime-related gear direct from Japan. Fun stuff! [ACE]
Set Time Zone Automatically in Snow Leopard
Frequent travelers may be interested to know that in Snow Leopard your time zone can now be set automatically by bringing up the Date & Time preference pane, clicking the Time Zone view, and selecting Set Time Zone Automatically. A progress spinner appears while Snow Leopard sends off information about the Wi-Fi signals in your vicinity and receives location data back.
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04