New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan -- We're extremely pleased to welcome back as a long-term sponsor easyDNS, the DNS registration, hosting, and management company where we've kept all the TidBITS domain names for several years now. They aren't the cheapest DNS service, but when it comes to something as critical as a domain name, I'll take reliable and easy to use over cost any day. After years of horrendous (to put it mildly) experiences with Network Solutions before switching, working with easyDNS has been a huge relief. Also joining us this week is a company that's unusual among our sponsors because they sell not computer-related products but hobby kits, toys, books and anime-related gear direct from Japan. Fun stuff! [ACE]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04