No TidBITS Issue on 29-Nov-04 -- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, we're going to spend next weekend getting in touch with our inner turkeys (or meat-free substitutes, depending on the staff member), gorging on time spent with families and friends, and just plain resting up for the hectic race to the end of the year (complete with our annual gift issue). See you again on 06-Dec-04! [JLC]
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 756.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Your Holiday 2004 Gift Ideas
- SubEthaEdit 2.1.1 Released
- TidBITS Web Site Moved to Web Crossing
- AirPort 4.1 Fixes Encryption Irritation, Enables Remote Control
- GarageBand.com Inks Deal with MSN Music
- Take Control Expands with iKey 2 Manual
- Eudora 6.2 Alternates Between Silly and Serious
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Nov-04