SubEthaEdit 2.1.1 Released -- Our favorite collaborative writing and programming tool, SubEthaEdit, just hit its 2.1.1 release. The newest version overcomes a frustrating difficulty in establishing color coding for particular editors and making that consistent over time. This revision also allows the creation of sets that can be imported and exported, supports editing in an Administrator mode, and enhances printing capabilities. It also includes a new Unix command line tool for interaction with SubEthaEdit via Terminal and an AppleScript interface for automating basic editing. Lastly, you can now also include what the developers call "collaboration metadata" when you print or export documents to HTML. Note that version 2.1 was released on 16-Nov-04; the 2.1.1 release followed a couple days later, which patched a security vulnerability and fixed minor glitches. SubEthaEdit 2.1.1 costs $35, and is available as a 2.9 MB download. [GF]
iTunes Apps Tab in Landscape?
If your iPad is locked in landscape orientation when in the charging dock, apps in the Apps tab of iTunes will display in landscape orientation. (This also occurs when your iPad is not in the dock but connected to iTunes via the charging cable while in landscape orientation).
Published in TidBITS 756.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No TidBITS Issue on 29-Nov-04
- Submit Your Holiday 2004 Gift Ideas
- TidBITS Web Site Moved to Web Crossing
- AirPort 4.1 Fixes Encryption Irritation, Enables Remote Control
- GarageBand.com Inks Deal with MSN Music
- Take Control Expands with iKey 2 Manual
- Eudora 6.2 Alternates Between Silly and Serious
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Nov-04