Apple Settles with One Tiger Leaker -- Apple Computer has settled out of court with Doug Steigerwald, a recent graduate of North Carolina State University and an Apple Developer Connection member who admitted to sharing seeds of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger on the Internet. Steigerwald will pay Apple an unspecified amount, but News.com quoted Apple as saying, "It is not our desire to send students to jail." Legal action remains pending against two other men in the case, which was filed in December and is separate from other lawsuits Apple has filed against Macintosh rumor sites. Steigerwald also still faces a criminal investigation. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard