BBEdit 8.1 Adds Source Control Support -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 8.1, adding support for the Subversion source control management application to the powerful text editor. The update also enhances the Text Factory feature by adding new menus and palettes, and incorporates numerous other fixes (including the "triumphant return" of Command-Option-double-click for Find Selection). BBEdit 8.1 is a free update for registered users of BBEdit 8, and is an 11.8 MB download; it requires Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later. [JLC]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree