"Take Control of Customizing Tiger" Updated to Version 1.0.1 -- When Apple shipped Tiger, there were a few small things that turned out to have changed from the seeds we used when writing the Take Control ebooks. Matt Neuburg has now updated his "Take Control of Customizing Tiger" to reflect information that has become available since Tiger's release, with the primary changes coming in the sections about Spotlight and Dashboard. It's a minor update but one that's essential to keep the book accurate and helpful as it walks readers through customizing Tiger features such as Spotlight, Smart Folders, Dashboard, and Automator. Those who purchased the 1.0 version may access the free update by clicking the Check for Updates button on the cover of the ebook, and if you wish to re-print the new version, we suggest first consulting the "What's New in Version 1.0.1" list in the "Read Me First" section to determine if the changes warrant using additional paper.
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 783.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2005-006 Released
- Snapz Pro X 2.0.2 Provides Tiger Compatibility
- Adam Interviewed for CIPS Connections/NPA Careers
- DealBITS Drawing: Matias OS X Keyboard
- Apple and Intel: The Biggest Non-News of the Year
- Picking a Point-and-Shoot Camera: Panasonic DMC-FX7
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/13-Jun-05