Opera 8 Boasts Speed and Security -- Opera Software has released the latest version of its Web browser, Opera 8 for Macintosh. This version brings to the Mac the features available on Opera's Windows and Linux browsers, including faster page loading, native Scalable Vector Graphic support (SVG 1.1 Tiny), enhanced privacy features, and Opera's Extensible Rendering Architecture (ERA) to adjust page appearance based on the size of the browser window. Opera 8 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later and is a 5.5 MB download. A limited version can be used for free, or you can purchase the full version for $40. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard