Eudora 6.2.3 Fixes IMAP Bug -- Qualcomm has released Eudora 6.2.3, a free update designed largely to fix the annoying IMAP bug that could result in lost messages (see "Qualcomm Acknowledges Eudora Bug" in TidBITS-781). Along with that bug, the new version squashes a variety of other bugs, adds a few x-eudora-settings for esoteric needs, and adds a checkbox to send mail through the SMTP submission port (587) in the Sending Mail settings panel. Also worth noting is that Qualcomm has relaxed their approach to requiring payment for new Paid-mode updates 12 months after the last payment; until further notice, updates that change only the third digit (the 3 in 6.2.3) won't trigger the need to pay for a new version even if more than 12 months have passed. Eudora 6.2.3 requires Mac OS X, is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, and is a 7.8 MB download. Finally, Qualcomm has announced that the next major version of Eudora will be a significant rewrite, which is necessary to take advantage of new technologies such as Spotlight and WebKit. [ACE]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
- Qualcomm Acknowledges Eudora Bug (23 May 05)
Published in TidBITS 785.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released
- Free Macworld Boston 2005 Passes
- How to Change Screen Capture Formats
- Call for TidBITS Translators!
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- A TV Watching Monster
- You Type, It Typinates
- A Canary in the Network
- Trying My Hand at Poker: iPoker
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Jun-05