iPhoto 5.0.4 Flips Photos Properly -- Apple has released iPhoto 5.0.4, a minor update that "addresses an issue with browsing photos that have been auto-rotated by a camera." Honestly, I've not seen the problem (it seems to relate to editing photos that were auto-rotated by your camera and that appear in the wrong orientation), but the speed with which 5.0.4 followed 5.0.3 means that it's probably bugging a bunch of people. The update is roughly 40 MB via Software Update or as a standalone download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.