Joe Kissell Speaking at NCMUG's MCE 2005 -- Best-selling Take Control author Joe Kissell will be speaking at NCMUG's Macintosh Computer Expo 2005 on 01-Oct-05, so if you have some free time and are in the vicinity of Santa Rosa, California, I encourage you to drop in to see him at 10:00 AM. I'm sure he'd be happy to chat about upgrading to Tiger, or what's new in Apple Mail, or backing up under Mac OS X, but only after his talk, which will be a bit of a preview for a new title he's working on: Take Control of .Mac. Needless to say, he's integrating information about all the latest changes to .Mac into his manuscript, and he'll be focusing on these new features in his talk at the MCE 2005. Admission is free; see the NCMUG site for directions and full details.
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 798.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Office 2004 SP2 Enhances Entourage, Fixes Bugs
- Opera Now Free
- Adam Engst Speaking at MUG ONE on 04-Oct-05
- DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon
- Apple Posts Security Update 2005-008
- Apple Updates .Mac with More Storage and Features
- Insider Smashes Suitcases
- The Prize Wonderland Auction
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Sep-05