Joe Kissell Speaking at NCMUG's MCE 2005 -- Best-selling Take Control author Joe Kissell will be speaking at NCMUG's Macintosh Computer Expo 2005 on 01-Oct-05, so if you have some free time and are in the vicinity of Santa Rosa, California, I encourage you to drop in to see him at 10:00 AM. I'm sure he'd be happy to chat about upgrading to Tiger, or what's new in Apple Mail, or backing up under Mac OS X, but only after his talk, which will be a bit of a preview for a new title he's working on: Take Control of .Mac. Needless to say, he's integrating information about all the latest changes to .Mac into his manuscript, and he'll be focusing on these new features in his talk at the MCE 2005. Admission is free; see the NCMUG site for directions and full details.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Move a File in the Finder
Sometimes you want to move a file in the Finder across volumes, not copy that file. Holding down the Command key while dragging ensures that the item is copied, and then its original deleted, adding up to a move.
Published in TidBITS 798.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Office 2004 SP2 Enhances Entourage, Fixes Bugs
- Opera Now Free
- Adam Engst Speaking at MUG ONE on 04-Oct-05
- DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon
- Apple Posts Security Update 2005-008
- Apple Updates .Mac with More Storage and Features
- Insider Smashes Suitcases
- The Prize Wonderland Auction
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Sep-05