Joe Kissell Speaking at NCMUG's MCE 2005 -- Best-selling Take Control author Joe Kissell will be speaking at NCMUG's Macintosh Computer Expo 2005 on 01-Oct-05, so if you have some free time and are in the vicinity of Santa Rosa, California, I encourage you to drop in to see him at 10:00 AM. I'm sure he'd be happy to chat about upgrading to Tiger, or what's new in Apple Mail, or backing up under Mac OS X, but only after his talk, which will be a bit of a preview for a new title he's working on: Take Control of .Mac. Needless to say, he's integrating information about all the latest changes to .Mac into his manuscript, and he'll be focusing on these new features in his talk at the MCE 2005. Admission is free; see the NCMUG site for directions and full details.
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 798.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Office 2004 SP2 Enhances Entourage, Fixes Bugs
- Opera Now Free
- Adam Engst Speaking at MUG ONE on 04-Oct-05
- DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon
- Apple Posts Security Update 2005-008
- Apple Updates .Mac with More Storage and Features
- Insider Smashes Suitcases
- The Prize Wonderland Auction
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Sep-05