Joe Kissell Speaking at NCMUG's MCE 2005 -- Best-selling Take Control author Joe Kissell will be speaking at NCMUG's Macintosh Computer Expo 2005 on 01-Oct-05, so if you have some free time and are in the vicinity of Santa Rosa, California, I encourage you to drop in to see him at 10:00 AM. I'm sure he'd be happy to chat about upgrading to Tiger, or what's new in Apple Mail, or backing up under Mac OS X, but only after his talk, which will be a bit of a preview for a new title he's working on: Take Control of .Mac. Needless to say, he's integrating information about all the latest changes to .Mac into his manuscript, and he'll be focusing on these new features in his talk at the MCE 2005. Admission is free; see the NCMUG site for directions and full details.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 798.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Office 2004 SP2 Enhances Entourage, Fixes Bugs
- Opera Now Free
- Adam Engst Speaking at MUG ONE on 04-Oct-05
- DealBITS Drawing: Dejal Simon
- Apple Posts Security Update 2005-008
- Apple Updates .Mac with More Storage and Features
- Insider Smashes Suitcases
- The Prize Wonderland Auction
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Sep-05