eMac Fades Away -- Sources have confirmed that the eMac, Apple's inexpensive all-in-one Mac with a CRT-based screen, is no longer available for individual sale, although educational institutions can still buy the model. It's likely that Apple felt little need to carry on with the eMac line with the Mac mini taking over as the least expensive Mac for individuals and the iMac G5 holding up the all-in-one end of the line. Although it's hard to see Apple keeping the eMac available to educational institutions indefinitely, it does meet a specific need there - schools are less likely to want to use difficult-to-secure Mac minis in public labs, and the iMac is quite a bit pricier than the eMac. [ACE]
Create Rules Based on Entourage Messages
When creating rules in Entourage 2008, you can save some time by selecting a message like those you want the rule to work on before defining the rule. That way, when you add criteria to your rule, Entourage fills in the data based on the data in the selected message. So if you wanted to filter messages containing TidBITS, you could select an issue and add a new "From Contains" criterion to a rule. Entourage will automatically fill in the firstname.lastname@example.org address in the criterion.
Published in TidBITS 802.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Preventing Second Drive Sleepiness
- Encoding Video for iPod
- DealBITS Drawing: MaxProtect II Winner
- Apple Revs PowerBooks, Intros Quad-Core Power Mac G5
- Aperture Opens Up RAW for Photographers
- Salling Clicker 3.0 Adds Windows, Network Sharing, Wi-Fi Support
- Faster, Wi-Fi! Kill, Kill (the Competition)!
- Take Control's Second Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-Oct-05