Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 807.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Last Call for Holiday 2005 Gift Ideas
- One for the Mac, Nineteen for Windows
- Bare Bones Updates Text Editors
- Gentium Goes Open Source
- EyeTV 1.8.4 Offers One-Step Export to iPod Video
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale 1.9
- RealNetworks Unveils Browser-Based Rhapsody
- A Better Way to Install Applications
- Pandora Beats iTunes for Holiday Music
- Buying My Canon PowerShot S2 IS
- Take Control News/05-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Dec-05