Enabling Auto Spelling Correction in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, the automatic spelling correction in applications is not usually activated by default. To turn it on, make sure the cursor's insertion point is somewhere where text can be entered, and either choose Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically or, if the Edit menu's submenu doesn't have what you need, Control-click where you're typing and choose Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically from the contextual menu that appears. The latter approach is particularly likely to be necessary in Safari and other WebKit-based applications, like Mailplane.
Published in TidBITS 807.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Last Call for Holiday 2005 Gift Ideas
- One for the Mac, Nineteen for Windows
- Bare Bones Updates Text Editors
- Gentium Goes Open Source
- EyeTV 1.8.4 Offers One-Step Export to iPod Video
- DealBITS Drawing: GarageSale 1.9
- RealNetworks Unveils Browser-Based Rhapsody
- A Better Way to Install Applications
- Pandora Beats iTunes for Holiday Music
- Buying My Canon PowerShot S2 IS
- Take Control News/05-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Dec-05