TidBITS 2005 Holiday Hiatus -- It has once again been a sprint to the finish this year, and speaking as someone who regularly runs track, cross-country, and road races, I'm not just turning a phrase - we're exhausted. So with this, the last TidBITS issue of 2005, we're looking forward to some serious holiday hibernation over the next few weeks. But as always, we could never have made it this far on our own, and I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone who helps Tonya and me keep TidBITS going: Geoff, Jeff, Glenn, Matt, and Mark; the good folks at digital.forest, our Internet host; our corporate sponsors; the generous authors who contributed excellent articles this year; all our Take Control authors and editors; our selfless volunteer translators; the participants of TidBITS Talk; and of course, all of you who devote your valuable time to reading our words. Thank you, one and all, and may all your wishes come true. Our next issue will appear 09-Jan-06, as we gather our strength for Macworld Expo in San Francisco. [ACE]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 810.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.1 Released
- Discussing TV on MacNotables
- DealBITS Drawing: Classic Solitaire Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: Midnight Mansion
- Macworld SF 2006 Events
- The Info-Mac Network Retires
- A Feast for the Fridge: Printing Digital Pictures
- Take Control News/19-Dec-05
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Dec-05