History Hound 1.9 Now Indexes and Searches RSS -- Hot on the heels of SmileOnMyMac's new browseback (covered in TidBITS-810), St. Clair Software has released an update to HistoryHound, their utility for indexing and searching visited Web pages. Along with normal Web pages that you've viewed in Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, OmniWeb, Camino, Mozilla/Netscape, Opera, and Shiira, or in the built-in browsers of the NetNewsWire 2 and PulpFiction RSS readers, HistoryHound 1.9 now indexes and searches RSS feeds that you've visited or bookmarked in Safari. The update also includes fixes for troublesome URLs; resolves a launch-time crashing bug; and clears the search result list when you start a new search, rather than after the new search completes. Version 1.9 is a free update to registered users; new copies cost $20. It's a 2.2 MB download. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- SmileOnMyMac Releases browseback (19 Dec 05)
Published in TidBITS 811.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
History Hound 1.9 Now Indexes and Searches RSS
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>