Aperture 1.1 Gains Intel Support, Improvements -- Apple has released Aperture 1.1, an update that enables the photo editing and workflow tool to run on Intel-based Macs, fixes bugs, and boosts performance. The new version improves its controls for handling RAW-formatted images, and adds a Color Meter tool and the capability to specify pixel resolution when exporting or sending images to Photoshop. With this update, Apple also dropped the price of Aperture from $500 to $300 in its continued vigorous effort to attract professional photographers who are now tempted by Adobe's Lightroom beta and the long-standing features found in Photoshop. People who bought Aperture 1.0 before 13-Apr-06 can download a coupon worth $200; licensed users of Aperture 1.0 Academic can receive a $100 coupon. The Aperture 1.1 Update is a 32 MB update via Software Update or as a stand-alone download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.