Other deadlines prevented us from completing our testing of our new back end system, but we've rescheduled for this coming week. Keep your fingers crossed that TidBITS #841 will be generated and delivered using our new system. Again, keep your eyes on ExtraBITS if anything seems wonky with that issue.
Fixing Save as Adobe PDF Crashes
There have been many reported instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF" workflow crashing regardless of application, but precious few workarounds or resolutions. In troubleshooting, I discovered that there were three instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF.action" in three different locations: /Library/Automator; ~/Library/Automator; and /System/Library/Automator. By eliminating all except the version in /System/Library/Automator, the workflow started behaving, and I was able to cut PDFs directly from the Print dialog.
- TidBITS Back End Changes Coming Soon (24 Jul 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06