Other deadlines prevented us from completing our testing of our new back end system, but we've rescheduled for this coming week. Keep your fingers crossed that TidBITS #841 will be generated and delivered using our new system. Again, keep your eyes on ExtraBITS if anything seems wonky with that issue.
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
- TidBITS Back End Changes Coming Soon (24 Jul 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06