"Take Control of Syncing in Tiger" Now Available in Print -- If you've been waiting for a print version of Michael E. Cohen's "Take Control of Syncing in Tiger", your wait is over. Our final test copies came back successfully from QOOP and look great, so you can now place an order. Because pricing is based on page count, this 135-page book costs $12 for black-and-white or $33 for color. As before, to access the print-on-demand ordering link, click the Check for Updates button in your copy of the ebook. You can learn more and see pictures of what the print-on-demand copies look like. Let us know what you think!
Single Time Machine Backups
Tired of Time Machine running all the time? You can turn it off in the Time Machine preference pane, but still initiate a single backup by choosing Back Up Now from Time Machine's menu bar icon. Of course, your backup is much less likely to be up to date, but Time Machine won't be taking any resources while you're trying to work.
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- DealBITS Drawing: lynda.com's Online Training Library Winner
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06
Take Control News/21-Aug-06
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>