"Take Control of Syncing in Tiger" Now Available in Print -- If you've been waiting for a print version of Michael E. Cohen's "Take Control of Syncing in Tiger", your wait is over. Our final test copies came back successfully from QOOP and look great, so you can now place an order. Because pricing is based on page count, this 135-page book costs $12 for black-and-white or $33 for color. As before, to access the print-on-demand ordering link, click the Check for Updates button in your copy of the ebook. You can learn more and see pictures of what the print-on-demand copies look like. Let us know what you think!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- DealBITS Drawing: lynda.com's Online Training Library Winner
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06
Take Control News/21-Aug-06
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>