Congratulations to Clarence Ching of donobi.net, Percy Carrion of mac.com, and Steven Harris of nas.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's PDFpen, worth $49.95. Other entrants received a 20 percent discount on PDFpen and PDFpenPro. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 951 people who entered. Keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen 3.0 (06 Nov 06)
Published in TidBITS 855.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Gains Core 2 Duo Processor
- Yojimbo 1.3 Adds Tagging
- Mark/Space Releases The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0
- TidBITS Week in CARS
- MacTech Creates Archive CD
- 1Passwd Updated to Version 2.0
- Dates in TidBITS
- Zune Doom
- Of the Zune, DRM, and Universal Music
- Take Control News/13-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/13-Nov-06