Jim Matthews of Fetch Softworks has released Fetch 5.2, adding a new feature called WebView that promises to make it easier to share files with others who may not have the capability to download via FTP. In essence, WebView translates ftp URLs to http URLs according to a pattern you specify; once that's done you can click the WebView button to view files in your Web browser and also copy the http URLs for selected files. Also new in this version is support for FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) secure connections, droplet shortcuts for drag & drop uploading to a server, and a number of bug fixes. When we visited the Fetch booth at Macworld Expo, Jim also told us that he had overhauled the FTP networking code for better performance and compatibility. Fetch 5.2 is a free update for owners of version 5.0 or later, requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, and is a 15 MB download.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 862.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Want to Hear More about Macworld Expo?
- Bare Bones Releases Multiple Updates
- Microsoft Office 2004 11.3.3 Update Released
- iPhone Seeks to Redefine the Mobile Phone
- iTouched an iPhone
- Apple TV Connects Macs and TVs
- AirPort Extreme Updated
- Macworld Expo SF 2007: The Mac is Back!
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Jan-07