Congratulations to Ron Gillmore of victoria.tc.ca, Lorne Chapman of shaw.ca, and Ben Maiden of hawaii.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Rogue Amoeba's Fission, worth $32. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Rogue Amoeba is offering TidBITS readers a $5-off discount on Fission, dropping the price to $27. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 28-Feb-07, use coupon code FISSIONDEALBITS when ordering. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 1,333 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Fission (12 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.3 Update Released
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07