Congratulations to Ron Gillmore of victoria.tc.ca, Lorne Chapman of shaw.ca, and Ben Maiden of hawaii.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Rogue Amoeba's Fission, worth $32. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Rogue Amoeba is offering TidBITS readers a $5-off discount on Fission, dropping the price to $27. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 28-Feb-07, use coupon code FISSIONDEALBITS when ordering. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 1,333 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Trust Local Addresses in VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal
VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal feature stops all kinds of network attacks, including port scans, ping floods and more. However, you may have some devices on your network that send out pings or other requests that may be interpreted as attacks. To prevent this, add them to the Trusted Addresses list so they won't be blocked. You can even add a range of addresses with wildcards, such as 192.168.1.*.
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Fission (12 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.3 Update Released
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07