Congratulations to Paul Schreiber of paulschreiber.com and Derrick Yamaura of axionet.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Panergy's docXConverter Premium, worth $29.95. All entrants received a 20 percent discount on docXConverter. Thanks to the 488 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
Published in TidBITS 869.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- ExtraBITS Transitions to TidBITS Publishing System
- QuickTime 7.1.5 Patches Panther, Tiger, XP, Vista Exploits
- Parallels Desktop 2.0 Ships
- New Interviews with Adam and Joe
- 22 Million Mac OS X Users
- Macworld Expo Sessions Available for Download
- Security Hacker Returned to Life
- Lessons on Internet Surveys
- iConcertCal: Your Gig-Going Pal
- Picnik Duplicates iPhoto on the Web
- Mac OS X's Mouse Acceleration Problem
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Mar-07