The TidBITS staff has grown quite a bit over the last year, with Joe Kissell and Rich Mogull joining the ranks, and now I'm thrilled to announce our latest junior staffer: Eliana Wren Carlson, born early in the morning on 05-Feb-08 in Seattle. Kim and I are incredibly happy and proud, and after a faster-than-expected labor, I'm convinced that my wife is an absolute superhero.
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 914.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- 16 GB iPhone and 32 GB iPod touch Released
- QuickTime 7.4.1 Fixes Zero-Day Vulnerability
- iPhoto 7.1.2 Blocks Security Vulnerability
- iPhoto Print Products Available in Australia and New Zealand
- O2 Tweaks UK Monthly iPhone Plans
- Scan Mac News Headlines at Alltop
- DealBITS Discount: Save 20% on Sound Studio 3
- Tips for Better iPhoto Cards
- More Mileposts Along Road to 3G iPhone
- Apple Punished for iTunes Success
- My First Macworld Expo
- Get Bit Literate, with a Buggy Whip
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Feb-08
Please Welcome Eliana Wren Carlson
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and