The TidBITS staff has grown quite a bit over the last year, with Joe Kissell and Rich Mogull joining the ranks, and now I'm thrilled to announce our latest junior staffer: Eliana Wren Carlson, born early in the morning on 05-Feb-08 in Seattle. Kim and I are incredibly happy and proud, and after a faster-than-expected labor, I'm convinced that my wife is an absolute superhero.
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
Published in TidBITS 914.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- 16 GB iPhone and 32 GB iPod touch Released
- QuickTime 7.4.1 Fixes Zero-Day Vulnerability
- iPhoto 7.1.2 Blocks Security Vulnerability
- iPhoto Print Products Available in Australia and New Zealand
- O2 Tweaks UK Monthly iPhone Plans
- Scan Mac News Headlines at Alltop
- DealBITS Discount: Save 20% on Sound Studio 3
- Tips for Better iPhoto Cards
- More Mileposts Along Road to 3G iPhone
- Apple Punished for iTunes Success
- My First Macworld Expo
- Get Bit Literate, with a Buggy Whip
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Feb-08