Stop Eye Strain in Excel 2008
You can make text bigger in Excel by zooming to a larger percentage with the Zoom control in the toolbar, or by selecting the cells containing too-small text, choosing Format > Cells (Command-1), and then setting options in the Font pane. You can also increase the default font size for new sheets by modifying the Size field (next to the Standard Font field) in the General pane of Excel's preferences.
The Benefits of Membership
If you become a TidBITS member, you'll become a key supporter of the journalism we create every day — read our explanation of why this is important to us and how the program has fared so far in our annual roundups in the TidBITS Memberships series. But you'll also receive more tangible benefits, including member-only perks and discounts:
- A banner ad-free version of the TidBITS Web site.
- A full-text RSS feed (non-members get a summary-only feed).
- The option to receive new articles in email as soon as they are posted.
- The ability to post longer article comments, with live URLs.
- Recognition of your membership (with cool apple icons) when commenting.
- The option to receive an article's comments via email.
- A 30% discount on our Take Control ebooks.
- Special members-only invitations to TidBITS Presents live events.
Finally, we've worked with some of our favorite companies to bring members discounts on a variety of Mac-related products. At the moment, the discounts available to TidBITS members include the following (if you're already a TidBITS member, make sure you're logged in and visit your member benefits page to access coupon codes).
- 20% off all Smile products, including PDFpen, TextExpander, and DiscLabel
- 20% off all Intego products, including VirusBarrier X6, Internet Security Barrier X6, and Washing Machine 2
- 20% off LaunchBar
- 25% off all editions of DEVONthink, DEVONnote, and DEVONagent Pro
- 20% off all Rogue Amoeba products, including Airfoil, Audio Hijack, Fission, Intermission and Piezo
- 25% off 1Password
- $10 off Default Folder X
- 20% off Keyboard Maestro
- 25% off Global Delight's Voila and Boom
- 25% off the Mac version of Password Wallet
- 20% off Fetch
- 25% off all Ergonis products, including PopChar X, KeyCue, Typinator
- Discounts on all Dejal products, including all editions of Simon, Time Out, Caboodle, and BlogAssist
- 20% off all C-Command products, including SpamSieve, EagleFiler, and DropDMG
- 20% off Mail Archiver X
- 25% off Solid PDF to Word for Mac
- 20% off CloudPull
- 20% off MarsEdit
- 50% off SoundBunny
- 30% off Disk Drill Pro
- 20% off ChronoSync
- 20% off iThoughtsX
- 20% off on SizzlPix! high definition photographic prints infused onto an aluminum base
- 30% off on books by Jerry Weinberg, a charter member of the Computing Hall of Fame, and winner of numerous prizes for his writing on software quality.
To become a TidBITS member, click the Join TidBITS button to go to our payment page. If you have an account with us, use an email address registered to that account when paying, and it will be upgraded. Otherwise, we will create an account for you, and send details on logging in via email.
You can choose among five different levels of support: $20 , $50 , $100 , $250 , and $1000 . The first four levels default to manual renewals, but if going through the cart every year is a bother for you, you can choose to have them renew automatically on an annual basis, at which point you will be notified well in advance of the renewal and you can cancel any time. The $1000 level is a lifetime membership that includes a fine dinner with Adam and Tonya the next time you're in Ithaca. Seriously.