Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Series: Type A Personality?
VNC lets you control other computers all over the world: and it's free!
Article 1 of 1 in series
[Editor's note: This article was updated 18-Nov-2007 to remove URLs that were out of date and directed users to inappropriate sites. For the latest on VNC and remote control software, consult TidBITS articles on Apple Remote Desktop, Timbuktu Pro, LogMeIn.com, and Leopard's Screen Sharing and Back to My Mac.] I walked into my office and was flabbergastedShow full article