Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Log in to your TidBITS account
To manage your subscription to our weekly email edition of TidBITS and to change your password, you must first log in to your TidBITS account.
Also, if you're a TidBITS member, you need to log in to enjoy the ad-free Web site, subscribe to the full-text RSS feed, sign up for email delivery of individual articles, make long comments with live links, and access discounts on Take Control orders and other Apple-related products. See the full list of TidBITS member benefits.
Enter the email address and password associated with your TidBITS account below. (Remember, TidBITS and Take Control accounts share the same account credentials.)