Backups Ebook Updated to Cover Intel Macs and More — Need a rock-solid, up-to-date backup strategy to protect your important data? Turn to version 1.3 of Joe Kissell’s popular Take Control of Mac OS X Backups, which now extends its detailed discussion of different backup strategies, media, and software, along with over 20 pages of step-by-step directions for the popular Retrospect backup program. Changes in version 1.3 include:
- Info about backing up videos purchased from the iTunes Music Store
- Tips about backing up Windows files when using Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop
- A sidebar about Amazon’s S3 remote data storage service
- Details about booting Intel Macs from USB and FireWire drives
- A tip about overcoming difficulties when booting from a FireWire drive
- A variety of minor updates and clarifications
If you own a previous version of the ebook, you can update for free; click the Check for Updates button in the lower left of the ebook’s first page to find a download link. You’ll also see a special 50 percent discount off the purchase of Take Control of Maintaining Your Mac, which can be used as a companion volume to Take Control of Mac OS X Backups to avoid problems and keep your Mac running in tip-top condition.