New Ebook Offers Complete iPhoto Documentation
Every year or so, Apple releases a new version of iPhoto, and I squeeze in the workload of researching and writing my “iPhoto Visual QuickStart Guide” for Peachpit Press. (I’m not sure where the time comes from, but Tonya and Tristan get major credit for taking up the slack.) But the work is done, Peachpit has printed the 240-page “iPhoto ’09: Visual QuickStart Guide” and distributed it to bookstores, and I’ve converted it into a true ebook, with a fully hotlinked table of contents and index, hotlinks for internal page references, bookmarks to every page, and live Web links. I also increased the page size (and thus the font size) to make it easier to read onscreen on
So if you’re looking for complete documentation about iPhoto ’09, with coverage of new features such as Faces and Places; publishing of photos to Facebook, Flickr, and MobileMe; themed slideshows; enhanced editing capabilities; and more, you can now get it in ebook form for only $15. If you’d prefer a full-color print copy, that’s available too from Amazon; click the Buy Print Book button on the page linked above.
As with previous editions, “iPhoto ’09: Visual QuickStart Guide” uses step-by-step instructions paired with screenshots to illustrate all of iPhoto’s capabilities. Chapters cover:
- Importing photos and managing multiple iPhoto libraries
- Organizing photos with albums, smart albums, and keywords
- Automatic identification of people in your photos via Faces
- Marking where your photos were taken for use in Places
- Editing photos with iPhoto ’09’s improved tools
- Making themed slideshows with still images and movies
- Publishing photos to many different Web sites
- Sharing photos via email and on CD
- Printing photos, and making cards, books, and calendars
- Troubleshooting and solving common problems
If you bought an ebook version of a previous edition from the Take Control cart, you can upgrade for 20 percent off – open the PDF of your existing ebook to the first page and click Check for Updates.