Flexibits has released version 1.0.1 of Fantastical, its calendar-management tool for Mac OS X. The new release includes a number of bug fixes that affect several areas of the app, including the capability to invite attendees to a meeting, setting multiple auto-alarms, and changing locale formatting. In addition, Fantastical now also supports a custom URL scheme, which enables external applications to communicate with it more easily and create calendar entries automatically, and provides tighter integration with Microsoft’s Outlook and Entourage applications. ($19.99 new from Flexibits or from the Mac App Store, free update, 7.9 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.