Evernote has introduced version 2.2.1 of its eponymous note-taking software. Despite the minor version bump, the update has several major changes, starting with the capability to create links to any note that can be shared with others or embedded in other notes. A new “snippet view,” combined with improved history navigation features, gives users a better at-a-glance overview of their note taking. And finally, the latest release of Evernote comes with better integration with VoiceOver and several bug fixes. (Free from Evernote’s site or the Mac App Store, 19.2 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.