New from The Omni Group is OmniOutliner 3.10.2, an update to its popular idea-organization software. Although this specific release addresses a single issue, the company has been hard at work over the last few releases to ensure compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion; as a result, OmniOutliner now fully supports the Auto Save, Versions, Resume and full-screen mode features of Apple’s newest desktop operating system. The latest version is rounded out by the usual collection of bug fixes and performance improvements. ($39.99/$69.99 new, free update, 16.4 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software