Over at Macworld, Andy Ihnatko ponders whether Lion’s sandboxing feature might mean that one of Apple’s best babies — interapplication communication — is being thrown out with the bathwater. Notice also the link to a Jason Snell article in a parallel vein. This is something that some of us here at TidBITS have been quietly worrying about for months. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Macworld Muses About Lion’s Sandboxed Future