Free Stock Tool for Excel Users -- Jonathan Jackel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote after reading our article on MacTicker in TidBITS-471 to let us know that he offers a free stock quote tool for Excel called Reval at his "Backtesting Page" Web site. (The site offers several software tools and online references of use to investors.) Reval works with Excel 98 for Macintosh or Excel 97 for Windows. Like the $25 MacTicker, Reval queries free online stock quote services. For users who own Excel 98 and tend to have it open anyway, this may be a good alternative to MacTicker. Unlike the online stock Web pages themselves, Reval doesn't give other companies information about what stocks (and how much of them) you own. [MHA]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Tools We Use: MacTicker (15 Mar 99)