Dartmouth Spins Off Software -- Three popular network monitoring and troubleshooting tools developed and sold by Dartmouth College have been transferred to Dartware, LLC, a newly formed New Hampshire company. Included are InterMapper, a network and server monitoring tool with email alert and paging features; MacPing, a multi-featured ping-based network troubleshooting tool; and SNMP Watcher, an SNMP network monitoring console. The new venture brings together Rich Brown and Bill Fisher (who created and supported the software at Dartmouth over the last four years) with Stuart Pompian. [MHA]
Keyboard-based Dock Navigation
If you're a fan of keyboard shortcuts and navigation, you may want try accessing the Dock from your keyboard. Press Control-F3 to enter the Dock's keyboard access mode. Then you can press a letter corresponding with an item's name to select it; press Return to open it, Command-Q to quit the selected application, or Escape to exit keyboard access mode. You can also use the arrow keys, Tab key, and other keyboard navigation keys to toggle between the Dock items.
Visit plucky tree
- Macworld Expo 2001: A Tale of Two Expos (23 Jul 01)
Published in TidBITS 529.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Government Recommends Microsoft Breakup
- FileMaker 5 Internet Security Holes
- Apple Offers Free iMovie Download
- Handspring Releases Palm Desktop 2.6
- AOL 5.0
- Virtual PC 3.0.3 Update Released
- Poll Preview: Collateral Spammage
- Modifying the Macintosh Startup Sequence
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2