Dartmouth Spins Off Software -- Three popular network monitoring and troubleshooting tools developed and sold by Dartmouth College have been transferred to Dartware, LLC, a newly formed New Hampshire company. Included are InterMapper, a network and server monitoring tool with email alert and paging features; MacPing, a multi-featured ping-based network troubleshooting tool; and SNMP Watcher, an SNMP network monitoring console. The new venture brings together Rich Brown and Bill Fisher (who created and supported the software at Dartmouth over the last four years) with Stuart Pompian. [MHA]
Easy Fetch Upload
If you want to upload an open file (e.g. in Photoshop or BBEdit) to a remote server via the Fetch FTP client, you can use drag-and drop without switching to the Finder. Just drag the small document icon in the window title bar to a Fetch window. If the icon won't drag, make sure the file is saved.
Visit Fetch Softworks
- Macworld Expo 2001: A Tale of Two Expos (23 Jul 01)
Published in TidBITS 529.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Government Recommends Microsoft Breakup
- FileMaker 5 Internet Security Holes
- Apple Offers Free iMovie Download
- Handspring Releases Palm Desktop 2.6
- AOL 5.0
- Virtual PC 3.0.3 Update Released
- Poll Preview: Collateral Spammage
- Modifying the Macintosh Startup Sequence
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2