Give Me Death and Give Me Liberty -- Research Software Design's bibliography and note-taking program Papyrus was reviewed four years ago in "Best Footnote Forward: Papyrus 8.0.7" in TidBITS-514; a couple of years later, development ceased. (Coincidence? We hope not!) Now the program has new life: the developer, Dave Goldman, is giving it away free, and you can download it at RSD's new Web site. Papyrus runs under System 7 or higher, including Mac OS X's Classic environment. [MAN]
Find Next Without Using the Find Dialog in Word 2008
Rarely do you want to find just one instance of a word or phrase in Word. Instead of trying to keep Word 2008's Find and Replace dialog showing while searching, which can be awkward on a small screen, try the Next Find control. After you've found the term you're looking for once, click the downward-pointing double arrow button at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar to find the next instance of your search term. The upward-pointing double arrow finds the previous instance, which is way easier than switching to Current Document Up in the expanded Find and Replace dialog.
- Best Footnote Forward: Papyrus 8.0.7 (24 Jan 00)
Published in TidBITS 713.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Celebrating Martin Luther King Day
- Apple Posts $63 Million First Quarter Profit
- AppleWorks Updates Span Platforms
- iCal 1.5.2 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Cocoatech
- Spam Volume Increases, Habeas Spoofed
- Apple Clarifies Logic at NAMM
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Jan-04