Give Me Death and Give Me Liberty -- Research Software Design's bibliography and note-taking program Papyrus was reviewed four years ago in "Best Footnote Forward: Papyrus 8.0.7" in TidBITS-514; a couple of years later, development ceased. (Coincidence? We hope not!) Now the program has new life: the developer, Dave Goldman, is giving it away free, and you can download it at RSD's new Web site. Papyrus runs under System 7 or higher, including Mac OS X's Classic environment. [MAN]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Best Footnote Forward: Papyrus 8.0.7 (24 Jan 00)
Published in TidBITS 713.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Celebrating Martin Luther King Day
- Apple Posts $63 Million First Quarter Profit
- AppleWorks Updates Span Platforms
- iCal 1.5.2 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: Cocoatech
- Spam Volume Increases, Habeas Spoofed
- Apple Clarifies Logic at NAMM
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Jan-04