Apple Design Award 2006 Winners
Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) wrapped up this year with the annual Apple Design Award winners, who received not only fame and Mac developer cred, but a special cube award that lights up when touched. (How is this illuminated miracle accomplished? The winners of the 2004 award for best student project didn’t merely take theirs apart like any normal person; they peeked inside using a CT scanner and built 3D reconstructed models, of course!)
Congratulations to this year’s winners, and we encourage you to visit their Web sites to get a sense of why they were chosen.
- Best Mac OS X Developer Tool: Winner: TextMate 1.5. Runner-up: F-Script 1.3.
- Best Use of Mac OS X Graphics: Winner: modo 201. Runner-up: Unity 1.5.
- Best Mac OS X Dashboard Widget: iClip lite 2.0. Runner-up: WeatherBug Local Weather Widget.
- Best Mac OS X Automator Workflow: Winner: Build Real Estate Catalog/Ultimate Productivity Action Pack. Runner-up: Lecture Recording Workflow 1.2.
- Best Mac OS X User Experience: Winner: iSale 3.1. Runner-up: Boinx FotoMagico 1.7.
- Best Mac OS X Game: Winner: The Sims 2. Runner-up: Wingnuts 2: Raina’s Revenge.
- Best Mac OS X Scientific Computing Solution: Winner: EnzymeX 3.1. Runner-up: FuzzMeasure Pro 2.0.
- Best Mac OS X Student Product: Winner: Lineform 1.1. Runner-up: PhotoPresenter 2.5.