Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Stay informed with the latest Apple and Macintosh news that matters to you.
The Mac may be mighty, but one tiny, common part can be its undoing: the headphone port. Josh Centers explains why it’s such a problem and begs Apple to fix it.
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Nanette DeMasters, Barry Standley, John Brayton, and
Lynn A. Steen for their generous support!